Monday

JAPAN DREAMING
I'm officially jealous. Very jealous. There's an impending ski trip in February and I can't go. I made a deal that benefits me in a way that rivals a trip for my husband to ski Japan. My end of the bargain must be good. It is.

Being a friend of research, both online and via word-of-mouth I have been a part of this research, involving Jake joining a crew of ski-nuts who have skied Japan extensively and have found their groove. There's a catch - I'm not allowed to blog about it, it's to remain unblogged. Sheesh!

That has led to blog silence from me . I can allude to it, via process of elimination.

IT'S NOT NISEKO
IT RIVALS THE BEST USA RESORTS HAS TO OFFER
THESE PEOPLE JAKE IS JOINING HAVE SKIED USA AND CANADIAN RESORTS FOR 17 SEASONS SO THEY SHOULD KNOW.

THE CRITERIA
Ski tickets have to be cheaper than the States. They are.
There must be powder. There is.
The slopes must be uncrowded. They are.
The travel times from Australia must be short. They are.
The food must be good. It is.

VESTED INTEREST
All going well (appropriate ski school, hotel to slopes distances are good etc) we will take the entire family there in 12 months, so Operation Reconnoiter it is.

Giddy up