Sunday

One bad run....?

It's been snowing well for most of yesterday and a little of this morning. Today didn't start out so well in terms of getting the kids out the door on the hill so the husband took pity on me and gave me some alone time on the hill.

Quite a few of today's hills were open and skied and they hadn't been open or skied yesterday. Maybe I'm vague but I took a run on a hill that was very skied out from today, not that many people on it when I entered it. No rope to deny entry.

Waiting down the bottom for me was the ski patrol.

"You'd better take your music out and I'm going to wait for all your friends to come down so I can speak to you altogether".

"?? huh?? Friends. I'm alone".

"According to the State of Colorado's laws you can get your season pass taken for two weeks for skiing down a closed run. Give me your pass.

I handed over my pass. I burst into tears. I hate being in trouble.

So now, for a law-abiding citizen who made a genuine mistake I have a chip chopped out of my season pass. So every time I hand my pass over for a discount on my hot chocolate or get my pass checked I have to suffer the humiliation.

Thanks Steamboat Springs. What are all the hoons and lunatics doings? A warning should be a warning. Word of mouth would have done me fine. And yes, you're right. You need to send your guys up to check the closed signs on the runs because there certainly was a lot of traffic coming down after me. I was too upset to agree with those other skiers. Skied off pissed off.

P.S Did you know: 1. In the State of NSW it is illegal to ride a bicycle without a helmet
                                2.In the State of Western Australia it is illegal to crush a beer can
                                   between your breasts.
                                3. In all states of Australia it is compulsory to vote.
                                4. In the State of NSW it is illegal to own a bullet proof vest.

So go easy, ok.......