Wednesday

ONE MONTH IN THE SNOOOOOOOWWWW........

What's better than being diagnosed with one month to live?
Having a WHOLE month to spend in the snow.

Australian dollars, great currency exchange, eating out, skiing all day and did I mention Australian dollars and great currency exchange? In this global economic environment. I think I love being an Australian, even more than usual. And I'm severely patriotic.

Where to ski. Where to ski.

RESEARCH
There is a niche in the ski market, maybe it will take me to fill it. I want a full spread sheet outlining, comparing and contrasting the following:

Terrain
Advanced%Intermediate%Beginner%
Altitude
Lift pass costs
Season pass costs
Ski school pros and cons
Ski school costs/ ages
Internal flight costs
Ski in/ ski out ability
Mobility around town (shuttle service etc)
Shopping
Nightlife
Capacity to extend my kids ski ability (sounds obvious but my mini go-getters being stuck on the front slope is not our idea of money well-spent).

SHORT LIST
Yep, I've got one.

The runners up are:
Whistler, Canada (a good all-rounder)
Sun Valley, USA (uncrowded slopes, easy town to navigate around)
Steamboat Springs (good for kids, good all-rounder)
Red Mountain (Terrain, price)
Solitude (Terrain, price)


I'm giving myself a couple of weeks to decide. Thoughts and suggestions? Who is going to receive my undivided blogging attention.